Friday, August 10, 2012

Supplement shakes

Hubby has been struggling with eating.  He is so tired and beat when he gets home from work, that he doesn't work to eat.  I spoke with his renal dietitian today.  She said there is only one supplemental shake that is recommended for dialysis patients and that is Nepro.  Nepro is a high protein, low phosphorus and low potassium shake.  It is also expensive.  Only one store carries them locally and that is Rite Aid.  For a box of 4 8oz shakes it is $16.


I gave the company a call and through their very friendly customer service found that they would send us some coupons for the shakes.  I also found out that for dialysis patients they offer a special price on a case of 24.  They said that the dialysis unit would need to fill out a form for the better price, but I definitely think it is worth the extra work.  Just make sure you like the shakes before purchasing a case.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that your husband is doing okay. Having a kidney disease can be hard. From my experience, it is an everyday struggle. Good thing I have my family and friends with me to help me with my condition. And my doctors are quite helpful too. They recommended a few brands for vitamins for kidneys. I take ProRenal from Nephroceuticals. You can check it out here: http://nephroceuticals.com/prorenal/products/

    ReplyDelete