Friday, May 18, 2012

Check length of appointment

Today we had another appointment for hubby. This time with the anesthesiologist. I brought our younger daughter with us, because I figured this would be a quick, non-tramatizing appointment. I was right about the non-tramatizing, but it was an hour and 1/2 long! Why don't they think to tell you these things when they make the appointment with you?!? The new rule in my house is when making an appointment ask how long we can expect it to be. It really wasn't a huge deal, but I might have done things differently or scheduled a different time (we ended up having to drive home during rush hour), had I known. When caring for a sick relative and still taking care of the rest of your family and life, even little things seem big at the time. It is stressful and it will wear you out. But at the end of the day, if you love them, it is all worth it. I have a migraine, so I'm going to try and rest a little before making dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment