Thursday, May 17, 2012

How it started

Our journey started in September of 2009. Hubby had been really tired for a few months, so he went to the doctor to see if there was a reason. I got a call first thing in the morning, that woke me up. It was my hubby's doctor... he said "your husband's blood work shows that his kidneys are failing"... it was all a blur. Within days we got the results from his ultrasound. He was diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease, he was 31 years old. Immediately he was referred to a Nephrologist. He was stage 2 when he was first diagnosed. He is now stage 5 at 9% function with a Creatinine of almost 7. Next week is his surgery to have his catheter placed so he can start dialysis. This blog will be my way of sharing my experiences, in hopes that they might help someone else going through a similar situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment