Saturday, May 26, 2012

Schedule time off

Hubby's surgery was Wednesday, so it has been 4 days of recovery for him so far.  I have made a lot of trips to the pharmacy for medications and gotten up about a billion takes to take care of him, while continuing to take car of my girls, the house, and everything else I am responsible for (I'm not complaining at all, I love my family and would do anything for them!).  After crying over the mower not working, I realized I need to learn to ask for help and to plan time for a break.  I have been going non-stop since earlier this week and my body is about to give up on me.

Why am I sharing this with you?  Because sometimes you need to know you aren't alone, sometimes you need someone to say it is ok to ask for help.  When your loved one goes in for surgery, plan a week of just staying at home with them.  Don't be afraid to ask for help, I know it is hard, but you just can't do it all.  Ask if a neighbor can mow the lawn, see if a friend can come over and help you with your daily chores, see if a friend can drive your children where they need to go.  And most importantly, if it is 90 degrees outside, take lots and lots of breaks if you are mowing the lawn, moving soil, and working on your main food source... your garden (this is from experience!).

No comments:

Post a Comment